Gourmet Magazine gives us their “top 50 countdown of the most important women in food. Period.”
The list of 50 Women Game Changers – women who have influenced today’s food world – includes the greats like Julia Child, Alice Waters, Martha Stewart, and more.
But there’s something wrong with this list! As much as I love Julia Child, I cringe as I read how much butter she adds to her recipes. And aside from Alice Waters, who is championing local, organic, or sustainably grown products?
Clearly we’re missing the “good food” folks! So here are a just few we suggest:
- Theresa Marquez, Organic Valley
- Dr. Vandana Shiva, Research Foundation for Science, Technology and Ecology
- Maureen Wilmot, Organic Farming Research Foundation (OFRF)
- Joan Boykin, The Organic Center
- Christine Bushway, Organic Trade Association (OTA)
- Peggy Miars, Organic Materials Review Institute.
Help us build our list of “50 Women Good Food Game Changers.” Who would you like to see added? Use the comment box below and the list will keep growing!
No, “organic” is not required in the name of the company or organization… 😉