Maritime Northwest Garden Guide, Lisa Taylor and the gardeners of Seattle Tilth (Seattle Tilth, 2014)
The Maritime Northwest region runs roughly from Vancouver, B.C to Roseburg, Oregon, and from the Cascade foothills to the coast. And gardeners and urban farmers west of the Cascades face a unique set of challenges.
The Maritime Northwest Garden Guide is designed as a month-by-month gardening calendar, outlining when to plant vegetables, herbs and flowers. In addition, it features information about the principles and techniques essential to year-round organic gardening. It’s the type of book you take with you out into the garden and refer to constantly as a reference.
The second edition contains 128 pages, including new features to help the year-round vegetable gardener:
- Monthly garden almanacs that include a quick list of plants that can be sown and harvested each month, a recipe and a monthly set of chores
- Year-at-a-glance planting calendars
- Updated vegetable variety lists and resources
- Garden planning and design ideas
- Fall and winter gardening information
- Recent developments in urban agriculture
- A comprehensive index
- New illustrations and book design
Seattle Tilth’s Maritime Northwest Garden Guide has been completely revised, redesigned and updated. Lisa Taylor is the main author, with support from the Seattle Tilth expert garden and farm educators.
Get your copy here – just make sure you ask for the second edition! IndieBound will connect you with an independent bookstore on the street or online.