Looks like we’re doomed! And we just thought it was a lack of willpower…
According to a study done at Cornell University, powerful environmental forces are bending us to their will:
- larger packages
- cheap prices
- big portions
- ease of access to unhealthy food
- seeing others eat (in restaurants, for example)
Read the details in Cheap Food, Big Portions Stymie Willpower
What are the alternatives?
- Eat whole, unprocessed food – no packaging.
- Buy direct from the grower or producer so he/she gets a larger portion of your food dollar.
- Serve realistic portions and eat reasonable amounts.
- Learn to cook and prepare good healthy food yourself.
- Enjoy eating with family and friends, at home or in restaurants; but truly “dine” don’t just “eat!”
Need a hand knowing what to do next?